Sandbox Subscription Error: sorry, we couldn't setup your subscription using the card you selected

ZeroThinking
Contributor
Contributor

Hey folks.

I'm having an issue with testing/integrating my paypal payment gateway, please note I'm very new to javascript and web development as a whole.

I have setup a paypal sandbox business account, I then copied the code for a "smart subscription"  button onto my website and setup the subscription on the paypal sandbox business account. I have two sandbox buyer accounts (one is default and the other I created).

When trying to step through the payment process it will allow either sandbox user to login with the provided email and password values, of course this auto-fills the payment details, however when I click the "Agree & Subscribe" button in the next stage it will always return the message "sorry, we couldn't setup your subscription using the card you selected. Please try another card." and the only option is to click continue.

My end goal is to allow users to subscribe to a selection of plans (bronze, silver, gold), bronze is free, silver is $5 per month and gold is $10 per month.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.