Sandbox - Connection Private Issue

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

I am using Payment Data Transfer and I am attempting to use Paypal Sandbox for testing. It stopped working correctly but I haven't made any changes so it looks like the issue is on Paypal's end.

When I click on a subscription button it takes me to Sandbox Paypal where it offers me to create a paypal account or login with Paypal.

Choosing the login option, a warning screen is showned and indicates the following information:
"Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.sandbox3.paypal.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID This server could not prove that it is www.sandbox3.paypal.com; its security certificate is from www.sandbox.paypal.com. This may be caused by a miconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Proceed to www.sandbo3.paypal.com (unsafe)" .

If I tell chrome to proceed anyway it allows me to view the generic login in the following url: https://www.sandbox3.paypal.com/signin/?returnUri=https%3a%2f%2fwww%2esandbox3%2epaypal%2ecom%2fus%2... (note that the htpps:// is red and scratched).

After logging in, it takes me to "my account" and doesn't ask me to confirm the payment.

NOTE: Before the request error, this issue was already happening.

Here is a stackoverflow question showing the problem - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44640024/paypal-sandbox-ssl-issue-redirect-issue/44652397

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

TRISH00W
Contributor
Contributor

Still same problem

Login to Me Too

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

Can we have any update please?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi All,

I've no update to share at the moment, our developers are still investigating the cause of the issue.

Once I receive an update that the issue is resolved, I'll ensure to let you all know.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Justin

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

julianuy
Contributor
Contributor

I am also experiencing the same issue while trying to access www.sandbox3.paypal.com, accepting to continue unsafe let continue adn then open the login form but the accounts used for the sandbox didn't work so we cannot test the store. Hopefully this issue could be resolved as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too

Alex_cp
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Justin@MTS_Ciaran, why don't you give feedback? This is getting very disturbing and my clients are getting VERY upset! I'm loosing clients because of this issue.... PLEASE give feedback!

Login to Me Too

ghanshyamkumar1
Contributor
Contributor
I am also getting the same problem from last 2 weeks. Please help me if anyone fixed it.
Thanks!!!!!
Login to Me Too

shearn
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I'm also still experiencing this problem.

Any update from PayPal?

Has anyone found any workarounds?

Thanks,
Simon
Login to Me Too

histemic

I also have this problem. Was working a week ago, now doesn't work. HELP.

Login to Me Too

TRISH00W
Contributor
Contributor

One more week without solving the problem... I need to test the website with PayPal before going live!!

Thanks......

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hi All,

The issue should be resolved now.

The domain will still show "sandbox3.paypal.com", but the invalid security certificate message should no longer appear and we'll resolve the incorrect domain name soon

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.