Paypal Donate Payment not Completing

scotteh
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing has changed in my code but at some time after 5/24 this stopped working. I'm using the donate sdk with the following scripts.

The debug ID is: 3392539fa4a27

My merchant ID is: 4HE5P5XSU4S9E

<script src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/donate/sdk/donate-sdk.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

<script>
PayPal.Donation.Button({
env: 'sandbox',
business: '<removed, but I have a valid sandbox paypal email address here>',
image: {
src: '../assets/img/gsale-paypal-donate.png',
title: 'PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!',
alt: 'Donate with PayPal button'
},
onComplete: function (params) {
// Your onComplete handler
$('#donor-message').text('Thank you for your donation!');
$('#donor-message').addClass('fs-4');
$('#paypal-donate-button-container').addClass('d-none');
},
}).render('#paypal-donate-button-container');
</script>

Upon clicking the donate button the window opens that allows me to enter the amount of my donation. Upon clicking Next the window flashes and appears to reload once or twice but then nothing happens. The wait graphic spins with the message "Please wait...." I can let it sit there for 5 minutes and it never changes and nothing appears. In production it prompts me for my funding source and a Donate button to complete the transaction. In the Chrome console I see these errors.

notifications.js:754 Failed to locate element with ID:notifications-mobile-popover

notifications.js:754 Failed to locate element with ID:notifications-popover

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelector')
at trackBadgeImpression (notifications.js:1166:48)
at startNotificationTracking (notifications.js:1162:5)

I've tried different browsers, on an iPhone, on a Windows 10 PC, I tried inPrivate browsing, clearing cache/cookies, from a different network. I tried a different sandbox payment account, I created a new sandbox payment account, I have money in all sandbox accounts, I tried a new business account to donate the money too. All have the same result.

This exact same code was working in Sandbox, and does work in production.

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

johnatirc
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Here is a paypal-generated URL, untouched by human hands that exhibits the same problem:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=2G5M3JVVS5C6L

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for raising this issue and sharing the debug id and merchant id for your sandbox account.

I've tested the same and can re-produce the issue you referenced and have therefore raised it internally for further investigation and a solution to be implemented.

Once the issue has been resolved, I'll respond back in this thread.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

CarlCabanias
Contributor
Contributor

Hello sir, Is there any update regarding this matter ? Like an estimate on how long will it be fixed?

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There is currently no ETA to share on the anticipated resolution of this issue.

Once the issue has been confirmed as resolved, I'll post back in this thread.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

KieranMetcalfe
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an update on this? 

I need to test an update to a client integration via the sandbox, and this is preventing me doing so (no test = no rollout = no signoff = I don't get paid)

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There is currently no ETA to share on the anticipated resolution of this issue.

Once the issue has been confirmed as resolved, I'll post back in this thread.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

KieranMetcalfe
Contributor
Contributor

That's hugely disappointing - what alternatives can you offer to allow us to test our integrations?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

As donations currently don't work as intended within our sandbox environment, the only available alternative is to perform the donations within our production environment and refund them afterwards.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

KieranMetcalfe
Contributor
Contributor

That's a hugely unprofessional approach - it creates extra hassle for my client (as I don't have access to do the refunds), they then have to log the income and outgoings, and it assumes that I have ready access to funds to make the donations. 

Why bother having a sandbox at all if that's the only solution? The whole point is to allow testing of payment integration WITHOUT using real funds and affecting live bank accounts (especially where charities are concerned, things have to be tightly controlled).

This issue has apparently been open for almost a month now - and is a critical failure. I am at a loss as to how it's been allowed to go on so long.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.