PayPal SANDBOX environment & Woocommerce PayPal Standard

blakeyman
Contributor
Contributor

Currently have a functional Woo commerce store  (theme: Store Front) with a 100% Woo Commerce System status - all good there.

Have a fully configured PayPal Sandbox environment and my store processes all purchases with the "sandbox" buyer.

Always I end back on my site, with an order placed and WooCommerce confirming so.

However...

All the orders end up with this note added

"Payment pending (unilateral). Order status changed from Pending payment to On hold."

Can anybody please explain what this actually means?

If I push my site "live" (ie: use live API signature) would this message disappear and the status be set to pending instead?

Is this just he way the sandbox environment behaves?

I have searched for a couple of hours now have found no answers!

Below is the log file.

The very last line states "2018-11-21T18:10:37+00:00 INFO Payment status: pending" but as above - my WooCommerce order states "On Hold"

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

leigh911
Contributor
Contributor

I know this question was asked ages ago, but I've just spent hours with the same problem so thought i'd post what I was doing wrong in case others struggle.

On the Woo-commerce - settings - payments -PayPal -manage  page, i had the PayPal Email field set to my real email address.  Once I changed this to the email address provided on the PayPal sandbox dummy business account  everything worked as it should.

I presumed (wrongly) that as the 'enable sandbox' checkbox came below this field, everything below it should be from the dummy business account, with real credentials before it...

Worked for me anyway.... if not, good luck!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

leigh911
Contributor
Contributor

I know this question was asked ages ago, but I've just spent hours with the same problem so thought i'd post what I was doing wrong in case others struggle.

On the Woo-commerce - settings - payments -PayPal -manage  page, i had the PayPal Email field set to my real email address.  Once I changed this to the email address provided on the PayPal sandbox dummy business account  everything worked as it should.

I presumed (wrongly) that as the 'enable sandbox' checkbox came below this field, everything below it should be from the dummy business account, with real credentials before it...

Worked for me anyway.... if not, good luck!

Login to Me Too

dezignamo
New Community Member

Shoot! I was hoping this solution would work for me - as the problem is exactly what I am having. But no luck! I still receive an email notification of the new order. But when I go to WooCommerce - Settings - Orders: all my orders still show a status of "onhold". I can select the oder and choose "change status to completed". But I am afraid this will not enable a true paypal payment transaction. It woulds just move it out of the "onhold" status. If anyone has an additional advice for my WooCommerce Standard Payment sandbox problem I'd be so grateful!

Login to Me Too

creinke
New Community Member

Yes.  I was hoping that setting those two email address of the Sandbox business account was the solution for me as well, but not the case.  My booking (product) continues to go from Pending to On Hold and stays there.  See:  Order note below ...

Payment pending (unilateral). Order status changed from Pending payment to On hold.

I'd really like to make sure this works in the Sandbox before changing over to Live mode in WooCommerce. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.