cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change IPN URL for existing recurring payment subscriptions?

Contributor

Is it possible to change IPN URL for existing recurring payment subscriptions?

Howdy,

I recently changed my forum software from vBulletin to XenForo. They use different call back URLs for IPN notifications. I am getting the IPN failure warning emails whenever a subscription tries to renew if that subscription was created while I was still using vBulletin. This is resulting in my users making payments but their user accounts on my forum are not being upgraded properly. I have the correct URL set in my IPN settings, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Is there some way I can go in and change the IPN URL for ALL existing subscriptions to the correct address?

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to change IPN URL for existing recurring payment subscriptions?

I have the same issue. Did you ever get this issue resolved?

Earlier today, PayPal escalated my ticket because the "regular PP tech support was unable to resolve.

Contributor

Re: Is it possible to change IPN URL for existing recurring payment subscriptions?

Nothing. Your post is the first response of ANY kind I have received from posting on this forum.

I have to enable notifications, which lasts for maybe 30 days before it automatically gets disabled. When I get that email, I go back into the settings and enable it again... and again... every month or so. It is very annoying.

Hello,

You cannot modify an existing subscription / recurring payment to change the notify URL.

Active subscriptions / recurring payments will use the IPN URL which was active on the account at the time the profile was created. If you want to change the IPN URL to be used, the subscription / recurring payment needs to be cancelled and recreated.

An alternative is to leave the old IPN URL in place and use a HTTP redirect to redirect the IPN data to the new URL.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!