Paypal latest CheckoutNETSDK - get 'invalid_client'

HRicketts
Contributor
Contributor

My MERCHANT_ID is: 58V2NEF27DY7E

I downloaded the latest CheckoutNETSDK and replaced environment() method body with my Sandbox client_id and secret obtained directly from my PayPal developer account page so that it didn't get them from the environment. I also refreshed the secret several times.

I then ran the RunAllCaptureIntentFlow Sample

but I get the error:

System.AggregateException: 'One or more errors occurred.
({"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Client Authentication failed"})'

I traced execution through to the method: PayPalHttpClient AuthorizationInjector fetchAccessToken() where it failed on the return statement:

AccessTokenRequest request = new AccessTokenRequest(environment,   refreshToken);
this.client.Execute(request);
return executeTask.Result;

The request had the following content:

{Method: POST, 
RequestUri: 'https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/oauth2/token', 
Version: 2.0, 
Content: System.Net.Http.FormUrlEncodedContent, 
Headers:{  
    Authorization: Basic QWVNM1E2R25HTyAtIGNPcFJZcmJURTFBTnBNOTBCQmFOV3U2b25tM0p6bDduaHQ3TlJsQVRwY0czQ2FLOG44WVdCMWdRNWZxQkliekxBYmxKUjpFSGlBNXROZ0F2M0FxRFFfajFpUF9mWFVEemZtX3lWOWM3dlBSb1MtUm9QNFUxMHFETHNYZjR5UGg2Mkpqc3VIMlJOZVp5UjN1ZnNjcmlaNP==  
    Accept-Encoding: gzip  
    User-Agent: PayPalSDK/PayPal-NET-SDK  
    User-Agent: 2.0.0-rc2  
    User-Agent: (
        lang=DOTNET;
        v=4.0.30319.42000;
        clr=4.0.30319.42000;
        bit=64;
        os=Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)  
    Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded  
    Content-Length: 29
    }
}

The details of the error are:

System.AggregateException
HResult=0x80131500
Message=One or more errors occurred. ({"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Client Authentication failed"})
Source=System.Private.CoreLib
StackTrace:
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
at PayPalCheckoutSdk.Core.PayPalHttpClient.AuthorizationInjector.fetchAccessToken() in C:\Users\howar_000\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Checkout-NET-SDK-master\PayPalCheckoutSdk\Core\PaypalHttpClient.cs:line 62
at PayPalCheckoutSdk.Core.PayPalHttpClient.AuthorizationInjector.Inject(HttpRequest request) in C:\Users\howar_000\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\Checkout-NET-SDK-master\PayPalCheckoutSdk\Core\PaypalHttpClient.cs:line 51
at BraintreeHttp.HttpClient.<Execute>d__10.MoveNext()

Inner Exception 1:
HttpException: {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Client Authentication failed"}

N.B. I have edited the Authorization so no one can use my account

Any ideas why my client_id would be failing authentication?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Curelom
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to resolve this?

Login to Me Too

SviluppoTBW
New Community Member

Same problem, can't solve.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.