Paypal made a mistake with Form 1099-K No help by help center phone number hang up on you

MMJC
New Community Member

Paypal made a mistake with Form 1099-K .

I cannot get any help from Paypal. We barely try to sell on ebay. We had two transactions with a customer that sent money for an item. The sale could not be made and we refunded the money  immediately  to the seller. In other words, there was NO gain. However, whoever is in charge in Paypal  of  filing forms 1099-Ks did a very poor job. This person only looked to the income transactions instead of looking to all of the transactions. Paypal has sent the document to the iRS and now we will have to pay taxes on a money we never made.

Not only that. I am the contact person not the DBA person. My husband is almost retired, doing little business. I just help. No need of me to become an employee. However that Paypal person made again another mistake. He/she put mi name next to the name of the company. Like if I were the DBA person. I am not. That is going to get the attention of the IRS and we are going to be blamed of wrong filing because of the poor work made by Paypal. 

We have sent several messages to the Paypal Help center. Listed all of the transactions. But they say that they cannot help, that this is not their specialty and they direct us  to call to a phone number they gave. We have already called two different Paypal phone numbers. One of them the one listed on the 1099-K form. Both of them (with automatic recording messages) said that they do not have representatives available and they hung up on us. In other words Paypal messed up with the Form 1099-K , leaving us alone with the problem and having to face the IRS because of wrong filing.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

aperl123
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal will not reissue the 1099k because they must report gross amounts inclusive of returned funds. On your tax forms there is a section for listing refunds and returns. Include the refunded amount there are it will zero out the issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.