When will Paypal fully integrate with QuickBooks?

mainbrain
Contributor
Contributor

There must be lots of individual sellers like myself who sell full time on ebay and use QuickBooks for accounting. I have used QB for years and have inquired at Paypal when we will be able to integrate Paypal and QB. You can integrate now, but only in a very primitive and time-consuming way.

When you download your Paypal transactions to QB, you only have ONE choice for an income category and ONE choice for an expense category! I'm not sure what the technical challenge is for Paypal, or if it has just been a very low priority, but the current functionality is pretty close to zero. One still has to go to QB and change all the expense categories one-by-one.

There is supposed to be a third party way to do this, but I have never had the confidence to try it. Seems like Paypal could offer this service easily enough.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

BatManNC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal!

Is anyone from PayPal following this topic? If so, please respond to the comments being posted.

When will PayPal fully integrate with QuickBooks?

Thank you!

BatManNC

Login to Me Too

hubsi
Contributor
Contributor

I guess paypal is getting a kickback from Simpleport.

May be that's whyPaypal has a faulty system set up for downloading data into Quickbooks.

Shame on you PayPal,  you need some serious competition. Anybody out there?

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

We are listening and realize that this is a serious issue for you.  We definitely want to solve the problem and it’s something we’re working on. 

This is something that will take time but we’ll let you know when we have more to report.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Dale-D
New Community Member

Did anyone stop and think that maybe the problem with PayPal not syncing with Quickbooks was due to Intuit not wanting to allow it? Maybe they are ones angling for a licensing fee...

Login to Me Too

BatManNC
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dale-D,

So far I haven't even seen a hint from PayPal that what you have suggested might be true. Regardless, we all need PayPal to step up to the plate and fix this issue. The details as to why the problems exist don’t interest me. A solution does interest me.

Login to Me Too

glenspot
New Community Member

In my opinion, it's probably Intuit's problem.

I am currently looking into Quickbooks, and while in the process of applying for a merchant account, noticed they were boasting that they were the ONLY service fully integrated into QuickBooks.

To me, that means that Intuit KNOWS that you love quickbooks.  They KNOW you want to accept credit cards.  They assume that you have more loyalty to "QuickBooks" than to "PayPal".

So, if you want to integrate your credit cards processing through Quickbooks.. you HAVE to switch to Intuit for credit card processing.

Seems like an intuit problem, rather than a paypal problem.

Login to Me Too

sgtree
Contributor
Contributor

i personally dont believe its quickbooks problem. i think its paypals problem. i use quickbooks and i have other banking services that connects perfectly fine with quickbooks. If those banking services are able to do it why cant paypal do it? they are just lazy and do not want to do anything for us.

Login to Me Too

maddiev
New Community Member

Hello!

How do I download an iif file to import my latest sales into quickbooks?

Thank you.

Madelaine

Login to Me Too

cupnw
Contributor
Contributor

Look at my posting (cupnw) on pg 4 of this thread.

Regards,

Login to Me Too

Slide
New Community Member

As a former employee of an organization which was acquired by Intuit,   I can believe that Intuits interests lie only within their organization, specifically  using their own processing service, rather than taking the effort  in using or interfacing to Paypal.    Intuit made acquisitions just for this purpose - Its just business. 

Disclaimer - No, I'm not a disgruntled former employee, I left on excellent terms and this isn't a post to bash Intuit.  

This is just an educated guess (based on fifteen years of being in the payments industry), but Paypal made need to blaze the trail here,  obtain specifications from Intuit and get the interface completed themselves.   Waiting on Intuit could take a very long time......   just sayin'.     

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.