When will Paypal fully integrate with QuickBooks?

mainbrain
Contributor
Contributor

There must be lots of individual sellers like myself who sell full time on ebay and use QuickBooks for accounting. I have used QB for years and have inquired at Paypal when we will be able to integrate Paypal and QB. You can integrate now, but only in a very primitive and time-consuming way.

When you download your Paypal transactions to QB, you only have ONE choice for an income category and ONE choice for an expense category! I'm not sure what the technical challenge is for Paypal, or if it has just been a very low priority, but the current functionality is pretty close to zero. One still has to go to QB and change all the expense categories one-by-one.

There is supposed to be a third party way to do this, but I have never had the confidence to try it. Seems like Paypal could offer this service easily enough.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

CampContact

I am so thankful to be able to download my transactions from my bank (SunTrust) and from my credit cards (Chase) directly into QuickBooks using their Online Services.  PayPal, what would it take for you to support Quickbooks Online Banking?   I pay $9.95 a month to SunTrust for this service, I'd be willing to pay you this much for it as well.  I understand that licences to Intuit cost $3000 or so for you to be able to provide this data to our QuickBooks software. 

Or, can you advise if there is a 3rd party vendor we should be searching for in the list of names in the Quickbooks Online Services setup page?

Login to Me Too

Allegro1040
New Community Member
We specialize in accounting in QB for PayPal users and we use the service at www.pp2qb.com to integrate PayPal with QB. It works very nicely.
Login to Me Too

Antonian

In addition to an ebay store I have another online store.  I've been fighting this issue for years trying to find the 'solution' to not having to manual enter data into QB's.  What I have discovered is Quickbooks is not exactly 'friendly' to making things happen for us online and Paypal users.   Ebay recently announced "Outright" and I have been tiptoeing into checking this out.  I went ahead and enrolled mid year last year but largely ignored it until sitting down  yesterday and working on my books. (I've been firefighting after an injury)  After sitting down with my bookkeeper for 3 hours and really digging into it, fixing a few entries she looked at me and said, "your taxes are going to be SO easy this year".  In the past we have downloaded the Transaction detail reports onto excel and broke things down to then hand enter into quickbooks.  Now Outright is doing 100% of my online for me and I just have to enter those totals.   My first customer service experience with them was excellent!  Real people, answering real questions!  Outright was started by old Quickbooks employees who saw this need and appear to be filling it.    It will not only integrate with your Paypal & Ebay accounts, you can hook up your credit cards and other accounts to it.   And now I don't have to worry about losing this data to a computer crash either. (That has happened to me twice).  Bottom line is I would suggest you take a serious look at it and test out their "Customer Service".  To me, that will say a lot about a company from the start. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.