Quicken Web Connect

RandyS
Contributor
Contributor

For the laqst several years Quicken has only accepted Web Connect as its format to download transactions.  They haven't accepted the .qif for several versions so any of us that have the newer versions can't download into our quicken program.  Anyway you'll can frix the problem?

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

PPSmalltown
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a new problem, in that Quicken is throwing its CC-508 error when trying to download one of my paypal accounts. The other one works just fine. I have followed the instructions and looked for the offending "new page or pop-up window" by logging into PayPal manually, but there are none to be found. Has anyone else had/solved this problem?

Login to Me Too

PPSmalltown
Contributor
Contributor

Deactivating and re-activating the account leads to errors CC-501 and CC-502, for good measure. I have another paypal account in Quicken that works perfectly, so this is a strange one.

Login to Me Too

candyt3
Contributor
Contributor

HELLO PAYPAL WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO OFFER QFX DOWNLOAD????? I have Quicken 2011 it won't accept any other import but Quicken Web Connect. I AM WAITING....................waiting........................waiting....................waiting................ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Login to Me Too

JoshuaB
New Community Member

Paypal download into Quicken works for me for 8-10 months at a time, then I have to create a new account in quicken and set it up to download from Paypal in order to get it working again. I copy any transactions that dont re-download from the old account and then delete it. Make sure you set up the new account as a checking account as Quicken wants to label Paypal as a credit account, and your transactions will be reversed. As mentioned by someone else, you have to start the download from within Quicken.

When Paypal integrated the buyer credit information into their own site instead of re-directing to GE Money, I lost the ability to download transactions from Buyers Credit into Quicken and was told "we no longer support downloading transactions". Today I was setting up my Paypal account again after it stopped downloading a week ago, and it has an option for downloading Buyers Credit, but when it tries to download it gives an error about being unable to identify the financial institution. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

Login to Me Too

ProfQuill
Contributor
Contributor

I read thru this thread and some others, to see if my particular problem has been noticed by others, and from what I see, I believe it is.  To summarize, I use Quicken 2009 and have a simple single PayPal account.  For a while, Quicken's One-Step Update appeared to be working and downloading transactions.  Then, sometimes when I thought there should have been a PayPal transaction (like I recently paid for something on eBay), and saw none, I simply did an Update Now from within my Quicken PayPal account, and the transaction(s) appeared.  So maybe that transaction was just posted.

Now, that's what I notice all the time, OneStep doesn't seem to capture the transactions (get no errors though), and a manual Update Now does.  After reading some of the things people have tried, with various measures of success, I'm happy enough to do the additional Update Now and not mess with something that is mostly working.  Yet this seems SO odd, what's the difference between doing One-Step and doing it individual from within the account?  I'd have thought there wouldn't really be a difference.

My question/observation is then, does this match the behavior others are seeing?

Login to Me Too

rmstellato
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same issue, it worked for 3 or 4 days, and now it fails everyday. 

One frustrating thing about how it downloads the information, is that it doesn't include the fee as a split.  Well for those of us who are trying to run a business, we need to know the total income to claim as income, and the expenses to claim as expenses.  The one step update should download each transaction in its entirety.  Including a split for the fee.

Login to Me Too

haoleus
New Community Member

I have quicken 2010 and when i first installed it i was able to update my transactions no problem. Then one day it stopped. I assumed it was a temp prob and didnt worry until a couple months later its still happening. I just deactivated online download and renabled, i noticed something weird!!!

It downloaded the account but as a new account!!! So that means that Pay Pal made a change to my account that prevented the old settings from working. Anyway, i introduced the account as a NEW account in Quicken and now im downloading my activity lickety split!!!!

Sneaky that PP didnt say anythign about that. Also sneaky that Quicken wouldnt notify you that it saw another account when  you try to update your existing account if all th einfo is the same!!!

Well in any case, i hope this helps others!!

Login to Me Too

ProfQuill
Contributor
Contributor

Haoleus, my questions would be, first, were you getting any errors from Quicken on the update?  And if not, was it a case that One Step Update didn't see transactions but a specific update on the account (Update Now when in that account's view) ever did?

I could  try like you said, de- and re-activate online update, but I kind of hesitate to do that.  Some time ago after updating to Quicken 2009, I seemed to be having a problem with my Discover card account; I did just that, but then it proceeded to download an entire year's worth of transactions (!!!), and I had to laboriously delete each one since Quicken wouldn't allow multiple transaction operations in the Download Transactions section.  I'd hate to risk that again with PayPal.

I've had two other anomalies with PayPal - back on 5/12/10, it downloaded a phantom duplicate transaction from a particular merchant (with a somewhat different name too); I feared I was double-charged, but no, the actual PayPal account was correct with just one transaction.

More recently (9/1), I legitimately had 2 duplicate-looking payments (from a survey outfit), but only one ever showed up in a download (using the account update, One Step never saw it).  My actual PP account was correct and had both though.  In these cases I just manually corrected the errors.

Still, it all tells you that you should check your actual PP account if you at all suspect something odd in Quicken.

Login to Me Too

vanduse1
New Community Member

I'm using Quicken 2009 and am unable to get it to connect to Paypal as well.  I am trying to increase my Paypal usage with new mobile push but it is essential that all my transactions are in Quicken.  Please help us get this resolved!

Thanks,
Dan

Login to Me Too

bellzerr
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried the steps I suggested in my previous post?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.