returning wrongly described goods

cement69
Contributor
Contributor

Claim ID #PP-005-644-374-542

I Have won the claim of wrongly described goods, Paypal tells me that i am responsible for the cost of returning these goods. THe owner of the goods will not arrange a courier to collect as to expensive ,there for Paypal says i am supposed to pay £30 - £40 to have them returned when i will not get the shipping monies back.How then do i claim the shipping of the wrongly described goods?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cement69

Its best to read up on what buyer protection paypal offers you before you start to buy.

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cement69
Contributor
Contributor

Thats great then, the cost of returning is almost 50% of the value and i had to pay for the goods to be deliver. whats the difference between paypal and a credit card then.? apart from the expense of course.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cement69

Your welcome, there was something else but guess i won't bother.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cement69
Contributor
Contributor

So knowless

I brougt an item, a car bumper to be precise, i brought after seeing a picture of what was advertised as the item and next to the item the description 'new' with that i brought the item with paypal because all i have heard about paypal is that it protects your money. I along with countless other people havent studied the fine print before purchase namely your kindly copied phrase:-

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient

So in my case to return the item tracked as paypal has asked for it will cost me the amount stated previously which is a sizeable chunk of the initial payment, which i dont believe i have any chance or way of recovering.I have spoken to the seller on the phone and he is adamant that he will not send collection because 'it costs to much' I brought the item in good faith and would have liked to explain my predicarment to a working member of paypal, but there dosent seem to be anyway you can contact them directly to explain your case. In stead i am directed to the chat line where you are lead to belive you can speak to people who may not have read all about  the paypal protection before they started to buy and have some help with a solution to my problem and how they dealt with theirs. Instead i get a . volunteer advisor which i would presume is you pastime offering the second little snippet of

Your welcome, there was something else but guess i won't bother.

It would be more than helpful to acutally speak to some one who works for paypal which I would hope to be the other end of the horse.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cement69

Hi CEMENT

If you want someone that works for paypal then I suggest you actually contact customer services.

Then you can be rude to them instead.

Cheeribye. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.