refunds

ghaltic
New Community Member

Hi  im wondering if anyone can tell me how long it takes for a refund to go into an account. Thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Depends on the original funding source used to make the payment and the funding source used to return the money.  Each scenario is different.

For example, if you paid using a credit card, it can take up 2 weeks for the credit to be applied back to that card.

If the refund comes from the person's bank account, it can take up to 4 days for the funds to be credited back your PayPal Account balance.

Let say, the person doing the refund waits a few days before taking any action, that can add additional time to the process.

Point being, there's no exact amount of time as each situation is unique.  Can be 1 day or  2 plus weeks.  Also one has to factor into account, there can be holds placed on the transactions if one or the other party involved does not have a verified PayPal Account or has a history of disputes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.