refund pending

ni2ia

hi all i made a purchase on ebay last week for an ipad mini and payed with paypal shortly after i payed the seller contacted me sayng it wasn't a mini after all and if i didnt want it they would issue me a refund which they did this refund is now pending and the money has been took out of my bank account for the amount. how long will i have to wait for the refund to complete with paypal and become available any help would be great thanks in advance as i dont want to go overdrawn on my bank thanks again

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ni2ia

Yes they could ''just send them back'', but that is if they have not spent them buying something OR withdrawn them to their bank account.

As i said ''if they did not have funds in their paypal balance'' it would go as an echeque and show as pending.

Normally takes 5-7 working days to transfer funds from a bank account > paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ni2ia

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item and they credit the seller in advance for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to process through to them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ni2ia

thanks for getting back to me, how long does that process take? also when i payed for the item and paypal pay on my behalf is the funds then not available in there paypal account? if so can they not just send it back? also what happens if they dont make the funds available for paypal to credit me back the money thanks again

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ni2ia

Yes they could ''just send them back'', but that is if they have not spent them buying something OR withdrawn them to their bank account.

As i said ''if they did not have funds in their paypal balance'' it would go as an echeque and show as pending.

Normally takes 5-7 working days to transfer funds from a bank account > paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ni2ia

thanks for all your help and getting back to me so quickly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.