instagram account.

sophielouisexo
Contributor
Contributor
Hey there. Someone was interested in my instagram account as I had 6k followers. He bought it off me and payed me via PayPal . I gave him all the details and he changed them all over into his stuff. He then contacted me saying he wants a refund because he isn't getting all the likes on his photos like I did. Apparently if I don't give him a refund. He will request a refund and paypal will take it straight out of my bank account? It's a buisness account he said. I'm not sure how to go about this? Can he do that?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

IF he files a dispute and only IF paypal finds in his favour which as the item is not physical is not guaranteed then you "may" have to refund him.

BUT paypal cannot dip into your bank account without your authorisation.

What they can do is to put your account into negative balance until you paid them off again or limit your account and next time you pay for something they can then add on the negative balance amount as you have authorised the payment.

BUT there is no way that the result of the dispute can be known and paypal may well find in your favour.

So I would refuse a refund and let him do all the work of filing a dispute and escalating it to a claim and see what paypal say about it.

BUT make sure you put as much concise information in the dispute section before he is able to escalate to a claim as once escalated you can't add anything else.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.