chinese seller on ebay refuse to give a return label

deemaxxx
Contributor
Contributor

im sick and tired of losing money buying crap from chine via ebay

the seller sold me jeans, which were not as described, wrong fit etc

ebay told me last week via call that i was protected by paypal

today ebay told me they are ruling in favour of chinese seller as it is a personal view that the jeans are bad fit ,

ebay now want me to pay £14.80 to send these back to chine

i will not as jeans were only £16-99  to begin with

so, how am i protected by paypal. i am angry that over this last year i have been sent wrong / bad items from china but it is me who ends up out of pocket. 

HELP !!!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deemaxxx

Paypal clearly state that in the event of an item received but not as described dispute that you have to return the item back to the seller first at your own expense  >>

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

So knowing that snippet of info its up to you if you want to buy cheap rubbish from China that will cost you more to return than it is worth or pay a bit more and buy from a UK seller where you have far more protection.

Paypal gives you ''some'' buyer protection but it is up to you to risk assess your transactions and who you choose to buy from.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.