Will my steam refund go back to pay pal account if I disabled my credit card?

john5220
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there I purchased $50 steam wallet credit from my pay pal account which was obviously linked to my credit card thats how pay pal works.

Anyways the credit card is expired and I deleted it from my pay pal.

If I take a refund from steam right now where will that money go to exactly? far as I know the only way to credit your pay pal is with a US bank account which I DO NOT have.

Will accepting this refund credit my pay pal account? I don't mind having the funds in pay pal because I prefer use it to buy Battlefront on Origin.

Now that the card is expired and deleted from pay pal its unlikely that the money will go to pay pal? I because had the card still been active I know for sure the money would have been refunded directly to the card even though pay pal was used.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

john5220
Contributor
Contributor

Also if I remove my credit card from my pay pal account will that ensure that money does not go back to the card? and just stay in my pay pal account instead?

Login to Me Too

izzzzzz6
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. Did you ever find a solution to your problem about the refund?
  You asked that if you had deleted the card from paypal if it would go in as a paypal credit.
As far as i am aware you are not able to delete a card untill the refund has been cleared even if the card has expired.
I am currently in a similar situation where my card expired whilst waiting for a pending refund.
  From what i have read it can take upto 30 days but the bank should pickup on it and might refund the money to your paypal acount if you don't have a current card. Perhaps they will credit your bank account?
  Just wondering if you ever got your refund?
Thanks.
James

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi izzzzzz6,

Thanks for posting.

When you are refunded for a payment that has been made with your card, the refund will always go back to the same card even if it has been deleted or has expired. If your card has expired the bank will normally transfer the refund to the replacement card but you could call them to check this.

If you refund was pending though it sounds like you made the payment directly with your bank account rather than with the card. If that is the case, the money will be added to your PayPal balance as soon as it clears.

I hope this information is useful.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.