Waiting for refund. No idea what to do.

TheSeanminator
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I got a problem here, I paid by accident 49.99$ to HotOrNot from their dirty User Interface that can literally, take money from you if you're not careful enough. And well, I started a case for an unautorized payment. Now, on my paypal it says that it is waiting for the merchant to respond to this note/issue. The thing is, I've contacted HotOrNot customer services and they say they will refund me but only if paypal send me an email saying they'll refuse refunding me or something. Which makes no **bleep**ing sense in my opinion. So now, I'm pretty stuck here and I don't know if they are right, how much time will takes for me to get back that money.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheSeanminator

An unauthorised payment is telling paypal that your account has been hacked and used by another without your consent.

If paypal investigate and find it was you that made the payment then the dispute will probably be closed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheSeanminator
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is that I never authorized nor was asked to confirm this payment. So I guess I can make it count. Also, we have laws here in Canada against this kind of trickery. But since there wasn't any other option, I had to use this one. In any case, it doesn't matter. I've received email from HotOrNot that all they need is a response from Paypal about not being willing to refund me so they can do it instead. 

The thing is, I don't know what to do with it since I haven't got any answer from paypal and I want to close this case once for all ASAP.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheSeanminator

Odd you are posting on the UK forum and not the Canadian forum if you are in Canada?

Do you want me to fly you over the pond?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheSeanminator
Contributor
Contributor

How is that the UK forum? I'm on paypal-community.com Not UK. It's the general one. Think you're the one who's lost here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheSeanminator

Scroll to the top of this page and you will see Paypal UK Community.

So believe me after 10 years of helping on this forum I am perfectly aware of which forum i am on.

Scroll up to the top of the page and READ.

There is a UK one and a Canadian one and a U.S one , suggest you try your own.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheSeanminator
Contributor
Contributor

oh ok wtf... that was unexpected... don't why I ended up here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheSeanminator

Do you want me to move you over to the canadian one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

TheSeanminator
Contributor
Contributor

already created a new one. No need to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.