Returned Funds

cfjeffery
Contributor
Contributor

I sent some money to someone using their Paypal details, But they gave me the wrong email address.  I received an email stating that the funds had been returned to  my account, but when i log into both Paypal & my bank, the funds are not there!   Is there a 'waiting period'?  I need to re-send the funds to the correct address ASAP.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfjeffery

ok then  >>

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

It will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfjeffery

Gosh you were lucky, if that 'wrong' email address had actually existed to another person / account you may have lost your money.

When you say the money was 'returned' do you mean there was a cancel option that you used as the payment was pending / unclaimed?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cfjeffery
Contributor
Contributor
Nope. PayPal returned the money 1 month after I sent it. As "the user did not sign up for a PayPal account or did not complete the registration process"
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfjeffery

Yep if it was unclaimed without a cancel option then it would 'time out' 30 days post payment.

It would have been helpful if you had added that info into your first post.

So how did you FUND that paypal payment to the seller in the first place from your bank account ie bank transfer OR debit card?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

cfjeffery
Contributor
Contributor
Apologies for omitting that info. It was paid using a debit card through PayPal
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cfjeffery

ok then  >>

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

It will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.