Refund money due to Fraud activity

AlexBBB
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal Team,

I am as a buyer opened a dispute (PayPal case ID PP-005-918-418-959) as I became a victim of fraud activities by paying to Fraud.
I have buying products from the same Seller for a lot of times. We are communicating as usual by email. But this time my Seller email box was hacked and Fraud caught my email to Seller and resent it updated to Seller. The same he did in opposite side. So I got almost correct emails from seller but with another paypal account to pay (he/she told that due to some audit i had to use alternative PayPal account). As Fraud was quite familiar with product retails i didn't recognize the fraud and paid. But by chance one day after payment I contact real Seller by skype to check some details and was surprised that he didn't receive money. As we figured out later Fraud contacted to seller with different email (very similiar to mine) on my behalf. Seller provided to Fraud correct invoice, Fraud corrected it with another PayPal account and sent to me.

My questions are:

- I open dispute immediately with the type 'unauthorized payament' with comment about my problem. Was I correct?

- I have a lot of evidences of Fraud activity (see below). How can I provide them to use in dispute resolution?

Evidences I can provide:

- Evidence that I sent an email to request the order to real Seller email but got an anwer from another one (very similiar to real).

- Evidence that Fraud asked me from the same wrong email box to use another PayPal account.

- An evidence that Seller got email from not my email box (one letter was changed).

- An evidence that Seller send to Fraud invoice with real paypal account.
- I got official letter from my Seller that they didn't ask to pay to other PayPal account. Evidence can be provided.
- Also, You can check my payments history and see that I paid to real account a lot of times.
- Also I can provide all email thread with Fraud.

- Also, you can email/call to my seller company and they can confirm my words.

Please advice in my problem resolution!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kevmal25
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same treatment only this time from both paypal and ebay, i bought 12 baofeng walkie talkies from XXXX and they never arrived, i took out a case with paypal who fobbed me off on ebay who done the same. eventually i got an email from paypal who said my £101 would be in my account within 8 working days, this was 2 months ago and still nothing. i have been following this seller and both of these companies (paypal & ebay) have allowed this same thing to happen to 3 more buyers since i reported him.

So save your money and buy elsewhere and use another provider.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.