Refund - how much to pay?

locket37
Contributor
Contributor

How much will I have to pay if I have to make a refund to my buyer on a transaction of  £450? Does anyone know please?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why would you have to pay to refund?

If you use the refund option you actually get a credit of the original paypal payment fee. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

locket37
Contributor
Contributor

it sounded like I would have to pay a % in order to refund the buyer the amount she paid into my paypal account. I simply want to pay refund her payment as my school (who I am selling on behalf) can't process paypal paperwork. Too long and complicated to go into. Basically we are now trying to arrange a cash on collection to get round this glich on our side. I just thought that I would have to pay something in order to refund??

Login to Me Too

essexman
Contributor
Contributor

If its a full refund no but if its part refund you will pay fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi locket37,

Kernowlass and essexman are right in saying that the fee you are charged when you receive a payment is refunded when you issue a refund to your buyer. For more information on how to refund a payment, please click here.

Please repost if you need further assistance with this query and I can look into your account specifically.

Thanks,

Maria

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.