Refund funds not credited to account

LogicFairy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping someone can help, I've been having an issue receiving a refund. Originally it was a two part refund from Apple for £99 and £1119. The £99 has been completed and is available to me in my PayPal account balance. On the same day the £1119 also showed as a completed refund, but no funds were available. I phoned customer service about this issue and was told to wait 5-7 business days until the funds arrived from my bank to PayPal where they would be held as Apple had authorized the refund. After waiting that period no funds appaeared so I called again and was informed my issue would have to be escalated. Today I received this email; 

"I have had your account information escalated to me about the issues you have had with a refund that was issued to you on 1st February 2018.

I am sorry that you have yet to receive the 1,119.00 GBP payment as of yet. I can see that the funds have completed from your bank, however the money is yet to be credited to your PayPal account balance.

This is a technical difficulty we are having with our site at the moment, which is affecting a small number of transactions. I have passed your information to our technical team as an example of this.

Once a fix is put in place we will ensure these funds are credited to your balance.

I do not have a timeframe as to when we expect this to be resolved, however I can assure you that we are working on it and this will be done as soon as possible."

Has anyone else had had this glitch and how long does it take to resolve? I'm finding it somewhat frustrating to know that PayPal have the funds but will not transfer them to my account. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.