Refund complete from instant bank transfer purchase but PayPal balance still zero.

holacharo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I understand that if you use your bank account (not a debit or credit card) for a purchase and get a refund, the refund goes to your PayPal balance and not your bank account. My activity shows a complete refund for an airline ticket two weeks ago, however my PayPal balance is still zero. I also checked to see if purchases I had made since the refund would eat up the balance and send it to zero, but they haven't. It doesn't add up. (Newer charges have been drawn from my bank account, as well.) That refund is still completely missing. Not in my balance and not in my bank account. What do I do? I tried the resolution center, but they said they can't open a claim because it's a refund and I would have to contact the seller. But that doesn't help because the seller (American Airlines) did their job and refunded me. It's missing on PayPal, DESPITE THE FACT THAT PAYPAL SHOWS THE REFUND COMPLETED.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@holacharo

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.
When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

holacharo
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, thank you for the reply. I tried all this. I contacted them on Facebook, Twitter, and waited on hold for over an hour on the phone. When I finally got through, I was told PayPal was having difficulty at the moment issuing refunds due to a "technical issue" with no further explanation. I was then told there was no timeframe for fixing it. I then asked if I could get an email with further details or some kind of contact information with technicians to keep tabs on it. PayPal told me I would not be contacted until it was fixed. So now I have to wait in the dark while hundreds of dollars are missing. In the meantime, I will be slowly removing all of my business from PayPal. Never again. Missing money is a serious error that has an impact on a person's life, and they are not taking it seriously.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.