Paypal refund not showing up in my balance.

LittleBigC
Contributor
Contributor

I canceled a order and recieved my refund and it says the refund is complete(http://i.imgur.com/BvI3Vn5.png?1) but it's not showing in my paypal balance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Scousetezza
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought an item on ebay but the item was listed and described incorrectly, so to cut a long story short the seller agreed to refund me. The funds were still taken out of my acount even thou the seller cancelled the order/transaction about 4 days before paypal took the funds. It is showing up on my transaction acount as £29.98+, but it says my paypal acount is 0. So when am i going to get the funds put back in my acount or is it going to go into my paypal acount and if so, how long does this normally take please.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This arises because your seller has refunded you before your initial payment to them has cleared from your bank to PayPal.

When you sent your payment, the money is not instantly transferred from your bank account to the recipient’s PayPal account. Instead paypal instantly credit the recipient's PayPal account on your behalf and simultaneously request the same amount from your bank account to reimburse themselves.

It takes 5-7 business days for the money to arrive from your bank to PayPal (same timeframe and method as an eCheque in fact). If your Instant Bank Transfer is refunded, this refund cannot be completed until paypal receive the money from your bank to cover the original payment paypal made.

A ‘Temporary Hold’ is ‘Placed’ on your refund while your bank processes your initial transfer request. When paypal receive the money from your bank, it will be credited to your PayPal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bellaa
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, I recently had a refund from a seller of which I initially paid via credit card. PayPal lists the refund as 'complete', but the amount has still not shown up in my credit card. The refund was done a day ago. How long does the money take to transfer? Thanks.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bellaa
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your reply, it's much appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.