Paid on Ebay via send a payment on PayPal

Nadezhda2412
Contributor
Contributor
I won an auction on Ebay. Never mind the reasons, but I paid not using the Pay now button on ebay, but via send payment on PayPal to the sellers registered email. First she sent me payment request but it was via phone number and I couldn't pay. So I marked pay for goods, but only wrote what I was paying for, not the item number on Ebay or anything. So... I haven't received it yet and I do wonder if I am still covered by Paypal buyers protection as I am definitely not covered by Ebay in this case.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are covered for non receipt of item but if the item arrives misdescribed and you have not put an accurate description of what you are paying for and paypal cannot see any auction linked to it then its not guaranteed that they will find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are covered for non receipt of item but if the item arrives misdescribed and you have not put an accurate description of what you are paying for and paypal cannot see any auction linked to it then its not guaranteed that they will find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nadezhda2412
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much! I have serious doubts that anything was ever sent as she " forgot" to mark item as dispatched. Then I asked for proof of postage after some time and I got promised few times, of course such thing probably doesn't exist. No tracking... I seriously doubt someone will send an expensive item worth 70 GBP second hand no tracking for few pounds difference.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.