I received a email from paypal got a refund from seller but not showing up on my paypal account

J_U
Contributor
Contributor

I received a email from paypal that I have received a refund from seller, but not showing up on my paypal account.

Recently I bought a item from ebay by paying through my paypal account, somehow the seller sended me a diffective product so they refunded me after so long.

I paid from my debit card through paypal account and after a month my bank authority changed my debit card for security reseone, so I removed my old debit card from my paypal account and I added the new one which I received from my bank.

But the refund is made through my old debit card which I used to paid at that time.

so Is there will be any problem? and how many days it will take to clear?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J_U

If your old and new debit cards are linked to the same bank account then there should not be a problem.

Paypal says allow 30 days but i have never waited longer than a week for my refunds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

J_U
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, my old debit card and new card are linkd in same account.

If I received a refund from seller so why not showing up on paypal account activity or in history? or there will it take some more days to show up on my paypal account?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@J_U

If you were issued a refund then you should have had a paypal email to say that you were refunded.

But you did say that you funded the refunded payment via a CARD, if that is the case it won't go back to your paypal balance, it will go automatically back to that card but takes about a week to process back there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.