Ebay / Paypal Dispute

julianbuck
Contributor
Contributor

Guys,

Any help would be appreciated.  Here's whats happened:

1. I advertise a CD Player on ebay and a guy in Italy buys it.  The CD Player is fine, I pack it well.  The advertisement specifically says No Returns and I email the Italian guy and he accepts the risk of overseas transit.

2. He then emails a week later to say it doesn't work.

3. We end up with an Ebay resolution in my favour.  All ok.

4. I then hear he's started a dispute with Paypal and sent me the unit back (I never received anything).

5. The next thing I know my account is debited.

6. I can't get to speak to anyone at Paypal.

So is there any advice?  I find it perplexing as eBay have already gone through the dispute and ruled in my favour - so how can Paypal decide the opposite?

Thanks all,

Julian.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julianbuck

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies with separate policies for their dispute processes.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

You may well have packed the item well but that does not mean the item could still not be damaged in transit and if so then why should the buyer pay out cash for an item that was received not working?

No refunds only applies if its buyer remorse and not if the item is received damaged.

IF and only if paypal find in the buyers favour then he will have to send the item back to you, normally trackable to prove delivery before getting a refund.

To speak to paypal about it  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@julianbuck

Ebay and paypal are 2 separate companies with separate policies for their dispute processes.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against anothers.

You may well have packed the item well but that does not mean the item could still not be damaged in transit and if so then why should the buyer pay out cash for an item that was received not working?

No refunds only applies if its buyer remorse and not if the item is received damaged.

IF and only if paypal find in the buyers favour then he will have to send the item back to you, normally trackable to prove delivery before getting a refund.

To speak to paypal about it  >>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.