Case Closed not in my favor? What happened to the evidence I e-mailed. [Mod Please]

GoldwirePure
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I opened a dispute against the Template Boys, who sold me an incomplete template; recently in the last week or two, I got an e-mail from Felix the cat requesting my site template to be destroyed due to copyright / trademark laws (DMCA) the PDF was forwarded as an attacment via e-mail asking for it to be attached to my case.

Today I got an e-mail saying the case wasn't in my favor and I've just lost $50.00 for something that got me into legal trouble, and had to be destroyed.

Not very pleased to find no such evidence attached to my cases files when I logged, my e-mail was completely disregarded.

Can a moderator please, do what is right for me? the evidence is on the e-mails somewhere at PayPal, I might be able to get another copy however I cleared my inbox a couple of days ago.

Kind Regards,

Jordan.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Maria
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi GoldwirePure,

Based on the information you provided in your post, it sounds like your transaction would not be eligible for Buyer Protection. PayPal offers protection against payments sent for physical items that can be sent by post. Payments for intangibles, services, licences and other digital content are not covered.

It sounds like your claim may have been closed for this reason, but if you require further assistance or information on this claim you can contact our Customer Services team.

Hope this helps,
Maria

Login to Me Too

GoldwirePure
Contributor
Contributor

So you don't offer protection against being sold illegal good's? I had a DMCA placed against my site for full destruction of the related code, this caused severe damages to my business.

Also your support don't seem to reply to e-mails, I sent my evidence to them and never got a reply nor it uploaded to the case as requested; I've sent another e-mail today in doubt that it will even be bothered to be read.

I know the e-mail has reached you because I get a reply saying:

Thank you for contacting PayPal. This is an automatic reply to let you 
know we've received your message. Please don't reply to this email. 
We'll respond to you within 24 hours.

This confirmed my evidence was indeed at your inbox and ignored, so let's hope this time someone will bother to read my e-mail as I've sent it for the second time.

I don't have enough spare time to make a phone call, and require this situation dealt with quickly as my bank is now overdrawn due to having no choice but to order a new template elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

Jordan.

Login to Me Too

GoldwirePure
Contributor
Contributor

I actually got a reply and was practically told you don't offer protection against "intangibles, for services or for licenses and other access to digital content." whether the service, license or digital content is illegal or not; so in other word's your more than happy to allow digital fraud.

I won't be using PayPal again for any digital transactions; Google Checkout at least protect people for digital goods especially when thier illegal!

Thanks for absolutely wasting my time and loosing my money...

Login to Me Too

essexman
Contributor
Contributor

paypal policy is much in line with Ebays as the auction sit does not allow the sale of digital items and I cant really se how its possible to protect digital transactions as theres no proof of delivery and it can be very prone to piracy.

Login to Me Too

GoldwirePure
Contributor
Contributor

It's seller's responsibility to ensure they can revoke the license, my goods contained trademarked content (illegal) and was destroyed.

The seller blocked all access routes to contact them and made it very clear their scam merchant's, PayPal themselves allow illegal goods to be sold; what a reputation is that?

They might as well advertise, "Your a seller, looking for a secure way to sell your digital movie downloads! the latest torrents and video games! We will protect you all the way, the buyer's will get **bleep**ed YaY!"

See no difference between being sold an illegal website template, or a download of the Harry Potter Blu-Ray collection (for a cheap price!)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.