Cancelled – Payment received

markpentland
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an electrical item on ebay. 

I did not know I had to accept paypal payment within 30 days.

So the payment was cancelled.

I have contacted the buyer, but he is not interested in responding.

So, basically he has got the electrical item for free and I don't have the money that he paid me via paypal, as paypal has refunded it to him.

"This payment was automatically returned by PayPal on 12 Apr 2017 because the funds were unclaimed for 30 days."

Since when has PayPal acted in this way? 

How can I get my money?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markpentland

Unclaimed with or without a cancel option is either due to an incorrect email address OR you received payment in another currency and needed to add that currency to your paypal account etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

markpentland
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that makes sense as payment was in AUD and my account is in GBP. Is there any way I can obtain the money owed to me via paypal if the buyer is unwilling to make the payment again?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markpentland

Click on ''paypal balance >'' then select manage currencies at the bottom of the pop up box.

Then left hand side of page select AUD from the drop down list and add it as a receiving currency. The funds should then show up.

BUT if you want to withdraw them you would need to go back to that page again and on the right hand side there is the currency coversion option but FEES WILL APPLY.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

markpentland
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for this. But unfortunately I think the funds were returned to the payer already, this is what the details are:

eBay - XXXX XXXXCancelled – Payment received
Loading transaction details foreBay - XXXX XXXXCancelled – Payment received
Contact information (removed) Track your delivery No Shipment Tracking 15 March 2017, Marked as sent Status: Sent Transaction ID 1G50644725425340H
Cancelled purchase details
Item number122385028016

Total
$37.00 AUD

Am I right in fearing the worst and thinking I cannot reclaim the money without the buyer resending the money? Paypal will not recognise the Transaction ID in the Resolution Centre...

Login to Me Too

markpentland
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass

I am sure you're busy and I appreciate your efforts thus far; is there a response to my other reply below? I fear it is too late, but I do not like to give up! Thanks

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markpentland

Please don't rely on me to answer your posts, I do not work or have anything to do with paypal.

This is a 'user to user' help forum and I log on when convenient and don't always see follow up posts.

Yes if it was passed 30 days paypal would automatically cancel the payment and return it to the buyer.

So your buyer needs to pay again.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

markpentland
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your help, sorry if my tone came across as demanding, I am very grateful and appreciative.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markpentland

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.