Can you cancel 'pending' paypal payments?

shannonwilsonn
Contributor
Contributor
Just wondering if it is possible to cancel pending paypal payments? I bought some tickets through viagogo and paid with paypal and got an email saying that they have received my order but the transaction isn't completed yet and it could take 24 hour which I thought was strange since it said online that it was completed. Then no longer than an hour later they wanted me to send a scanned copy of my passport or they 'reserve the right to cancel my order'. In all my time I've never had such hassle when buying something so I just want to cancel the order myself and save myself all the hassle and confusion! Can anyone help me on how to do this please? 😞 so stressed!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally if you pay a company the transaction remains at pending until they process your order and accept the payment.

So you need to contact the company and ask them to cancel the order.

If they don't cancel and you don't get your item then file for item not received via the resolution tab in your paypal account and go from there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shannonwilsonn
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you but I have already contacted them several times and had no response what so ever. Is there any way paypal can put a stop to it since they haven't actually sent the money yet? It's £300 which to me is a lot of money to be messed around with. The tickets aren't due for delivery for another two months, I just want an end to it all. Thanks again for replying.
Login to Me Too

georgeyang01
Contributor
Contributor

Dear shannowilson,

What at was the outcome for your dispute? Did Viagogo refund you at the end and how long did it take to receive your refund into PayPal? 

I'm going thru the same situation with Adele tickets. Viagogo claims that they will have the tickets 3 days before the event which unfortunately I'll won't be home in another country to receive them. 

The other discerning thing is with all the "Idenity Theft" issue globally, how can I trust Viagogo with my Passport info, right? 

Thank you you and please advice about the refund. 

BB

Macau

Login to Me Too

shannonwilsonn
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I wish I could tell you that Viagogo was helpful and sorted the problem but unfortunately this wasn't the case. That is one company I will never ever spend a penny with again and would advise everyone else not to do so either. Viagogo refused to refund and instead I had to re-sell the tickets on their website as I couldn't use any other because like you said you don't get the tickets until a **bleep** and I hope you don't lose as much money as I did.
Login to Me Too

shannonwilsonn
Contributor
Contributor
For some reason it keeps bleeping out my answer but in a nutshell no I didn't get a refund. Viagogo wouldn't help at all they're rip off merchants and don't care about customer satisfaction.
Login to Me Too

Jesska
New Community Member
I was wondering why PayPal wasn't helpful with this? This company seems boardline fraudulent, I'm concerned about the same thing currently.
Login to Me Too

ertbAl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I had the same expierience today in Germany.
And an even worse one with German Paypal "Käuferschutz".
Directly after the purchase I noticed, that they price was higher than expected due to hidden fees.
I wanted to cancel (like 30 mins later), which would be no problem with a normal bank, where you can block transactions in the first couple of days.
Not so with PayPal. Money was directly gone.
What is even worse: They know that Viagogo is (close to) fraudelent. They basically had a list of options prepared, how to get back money of Viagogo, like:
1) Go to the concert. If the security guy bounces you, have a prepared statement ready. Let the statement be signed from the security. Go to the police and press charges. Come back with all of that within 180 days. We than can you give back the money.

I mean what? PayPal are you serious! Why do you still make business with this fraud company and.
Even the e-mail contact from Viagogo in your database is fake. 
And your support is like: You know, it is your responsibility on the internet to take care for yourself not to be cheated.
Come on... why do you even Käuferschutz than in the first place?
I think it is a must option for PayPal to implement: Cancel Payments where no delivery was made within the first 24 hours or so. Like you could in any bank!

And instead to have a list ready how to get your money back with police and stuff, you should drop Viagogo as a client in the first place.

It is the first time I am very disappointed from your service.

Login to Me Too

dannyallured
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL, like every other large corporate compny do not care what happens to you, the money will be taken straight away from you, they immediately take their fees,then they will hold on to the payment from the seller for as long as they can so that your/sellers money sits in their account making them thousands a year in interest, it's about time someone was brought to book about this.

I am waiting on a £260 payment, which my buyers have paid, which is on hold while I build up a "selling reputation" I have been selling on ebay and using paypal for years now and have 100% positive feedback and higher than average selling status, so what reason is there to hold on to my money for 21 days? items have gone, positive feedback received, everyone happy with the transactions but still they hold my money for another 19 days. it may not be a lot of interest on 260.00 but if they do it to everyone....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.