Why have I not received my refund??

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from ebay that I never received so they issued a refund to me. It says that the money was refunded but it's been a good 2 weeks and I still have not received in my paypal account or my bank account. I have no clue what is going on. 

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

try calling pay pal and they will transfer you to ebay. I literally just called and the woman fixed things relatively quick. I just have to wait for the refund to get through to pay pal then i can withdraw the money back to my account. 

Login to Me Too

belley155
Contributor
Contributor

could i have the number please

Login to Me Too

piazink
Contributor
Contributor

To belly155,

The number is 1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center".  Please let us know how this works out for you.  I have read so many horror stories about PayPal that I would also like to know about positive outcomes.  I am working on my problem through a different venue, i.e., filing a dispute.  I will also post a follow-up.  We need to hear the good news as well as the bad!

Login to Me Too

jjoyous1
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering about the so-called horror stories myself. I will let you know when my situation is resolved, but according to the person I talked to at Paypal and ebay, what held up my refund is that i clicked the wrong button - I should have clicked "withdraw funds"  but I erroneously clicked  "refund" - both people I spoke with said it happens all the time. I have heard one "horror story" but it wasn't Paypal's fault. Someone I know received something that wasn't what she ordered, she returned it - but it got lost in the mail. So ebay would not refund since the seller never received the package.  But other than that, it seems like ebay and paypal are both straight up. We shall see - they promised me my refund will be available on Monday. My horror story about Paypal is how hard it is to contact them - but they did email me their phone number when they realized how confusing my situation was.

Login to Me Too

piazink
Contributor
Contributor

P.S. to belley155 (sorry for misspelling your member name on my last post!) 

I actually did type in the phone number you requested...but, when my post appeared, written instructions for accessing  customer service had been substituted for the number.  It does work, however.  You are assigned a pin number when you go to customer service via their route, so that may be the reason for the substitution.

Login to Me Too

Honda
New Community Member

It's been 3 days since I got my refund back from buying an eBay item because I didn't want the item anymore so I shipped it back to him and he gave me a refund, right now I don't know what's going on with the refunding process.

This is what it shows on my transaction: http://i34.tinypic.com/2m78e80.png

Did paypal took my money away since I saw the - sign on the refund?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Helmute
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello Honda and welcome to the community!

Thank you for providing the screen shot! From reviewing that, the money was credited back to your card 🙂 and depending on your card company it could take up to a full billing cycle to show up.  I would contact your credit card company to see how long it will take for a credit to show up.

**Helmute**

Login to Me Too

twilightbaby1o
Contributor
Contributor

it's been a week and i havent gotten anything back in my paypal account or my bank account.!

Login to Me Too

arsenalfan21

Yeah i returned an item cuz i didnt want it either and ive been waiting a month for the money to appear.  paypal emailed me saying the guy sent a refund but im still waiting for it to appear on my account which says i have 0 dollars.

@Honda wrote:

It's been 3 days since I got my refund back from buying an eBay item because I didn't want the item anymore so I shipped it back to him and he gave me a refund, right now I don't know what's going on with the refunding process.

This is what it shows on my transaction: http://i34.tinypic.com/2m78e80.png

Did paypal took my money away since I saw the - sign on the refund?

Login to Me Too

Taurean
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't even received an e-mail notification from PayPal about the refund a 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.