unable to collect payment from e-bay sale because of old e-mail account.

hamilton_born
Contributor
Contributor

I don't sell a lot on e-bay but I sold an item last week and the buyer immediately paid my paypal account but nothing posted to my account. I discovered that my paypal account was using an old e-mail address that I had dropped earlier in the year. Will I have to contact the buyer and ask her to re-submit her payment to my updated paypal account -with a good e-mail address- or can I use some tools in paypal?          Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Heather
Contributor
Contributor

If your old eMail address is still valid you can add it to your paypal profile.

You are allowed to have up to 6 eMail addresses associated with your paypal account.

Login to Me Too

hamilton_born
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. But  I no longer pay for the ISP who provided the e-mail that I used when I registered with paypal. Therefore I have no access to that e-mail account. Therefore the payment will not reach paypal.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

If the payment was sent to an email address that is not registered then the sender can cancel it from the transaction details otherwise, if the transaction remains unclaimed for 30 days, it will be returned to the sender.

Best to contact the sender and ask him or her to cancel it and provide him or her with a good email address, else it will be returned to the sender after 30 days.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

hamilton_born
Contributor
Contributor

thank you skier. You were very helpful.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.