SCAMMED!! Reversal of Payment

nuorder72
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, hopefully I can explain this well enough and I'm sure it is not uncommon (although I searched the topics and couldn't find anything that quite fit what happened to me).  

I.)  I put an item up for auction on ebay.

2.)  A potential buyer (who didn't have a rating of zero) asked if I could deliver it to Israel. 

3.)  I agreed as long as he paid the extra money for shipping.

4.)  He agreed to the costs, sent the money (via paypal) to me, I then sent the item out in the mail. (it was a small rainjacket that he purchased for $120.)

5.)  I noticed that he claimed he "didn't receive" the item. (although, I had package tracking)

6.)  He REVERSED his payment.

6b.)  Paypal somehow allowed this bull**bleep**???

7.)  I put in a "dispute" via ebay.

8.)  Ebay agreed the guy was a scammer, because several other people on ebay were also scammed.(I received confirmation from ebay yesterday with a whole laundry list of things I could do to get my money back; none of which included ebay paying me back.)

9.)  I'm still out $125 that was due to me.

10.)  How do I get this resolved?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nuorder72
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help??????

Login to Me Too

dinodon
Contributor
Contributor

How in the bleeeped did he reverse a payment? You have a package tracking number right?

what did the ebay resolution say? Did you read the seller protection rules?

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_protection_learn_m...

Login to Me Too

nuorder72
Contributor
Contributor

I sent it outside the US (Israel), and it did have a tracking/confirmation number, but the USPS has no shipping info in Israel. How can I dispute this? Ebay even confirmed that this "buyer" was suspicious.....

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Did the tracking show delivery to the address  provided by paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.