SANCTIONED COUNTRIES

seeker1
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a list of "sanctioned" countries that PayPal does not accept payments from?  I checked the link Adrian sent but found no mention of this.  I ask this because I have a buyer who is a Malaysian police office on duty with UN peacekeeping forces in Sudan.  He said that PayPal will not alow him to pay from Sudan as it is a sanctioned country.  If he cannot pay from there he will have to wait until he returns to Malaysia in April.  Any ideas or sugesstions on how to resolve this to our mutual satisfaction?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me with this issue.

Dave

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JasonD
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello seeker1, welcome to the community.

When it comes to sanctioned countries, we don't lay out the sanctions, but must follow sanctions that are laid out by the US government.  Furthermore even if someone lives in a country where we operate, and has their PayPal account registered there, they would not be allowed to use their account while in a country that we don't operate in.

As far as options for mutual satisfaction, PayPal would not be able to be used until they are in a country that we operate in.  I wish you the best of luck with the transaction, and have a great weekend.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.