Phone Verification

fullyalive
New Community Member

I have just established a paypal account and before the button could be placed on the website a donation was made using my telephone number.  The donation sits unclaimed because I must create a mobile log in to retrieve the funds.  The problem is the phone number is not a mobile number.  Since I can not receive the text, I can not verify the number.  I was not able to change the number because there is a donation waiting to be claimed........ How do I have a work number as my primary number and also accept funds from those who would use that number as access to my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

fullyalive,

If you know the donor, contact them to ask them to cancel the payment and instead send it directly to your email address via the "Send Money" tab.

Otherwise, the funds will remain unclaimed and will return to the sender after 30 days.

I would recommend having your donors send payments to your email address in the future to avoid this issue.

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.