Not getting some payment notification emails

dmoser22
New Community Member

I get PayPal payments about 5-10 times a week, but there have several payments in the last few weeks for which I did not receive any email notification.  Usually I use that email to let me know that I need to ship orders, so some things were shipped late because I did not realize that they had paid until a couple of days had passed.  If checked my deleted mail, junk mail, spam-filtered mail, etc., and they're not in any of those places either.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
261 REPLIES 261

Dolphin170
New Community Member

I am having this same problem. Have you found anything out. I am new to doing this, but it says the invoice sent. I even sent a test one to another e-mail account of mine and I never recieved it. I tried sending reminders and still nothing. No confirmations at all. History shows it was sent.

Help Pease!!!

Login to Me Too

mabloodhound
Contributor
Contributor

It's 18 hours and still no e-mail.   Another option is ProPay but that requires you to collect and enter all the CC data yourself.   Not as easy or convenient.   Do NOT use GPal, it has turned out to be a scam.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

Since multiple threads relating to the notifications issue have been merged, my posts have kind of gotten buried. Most of you know that it's a known issue that is being worked on with high priority, and that I am keeping my ear to the ground for updates. I've been hearing good things and hope to have good news for you soon. Thanks for your patience!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mabloodhound
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia for keeping us informed.   Thousands of us depend on PayPal and it's services so this is crucial to our maintaining good relationships with OUR customers.

I am hanging in there with trepidation but optimism.

Login to Me Too

Olivia, thank you for the update. We've got a bit of a wrinkle to the problem: we've noticed we do not receive notifications of payments from yahoo.com addresses.

So far we receive all notifications from service (at) paypal.com (typically subscription payments) and have not missed any notifications from non-yahoo addresses (gmail.com, cox.net, etc).

It is only the yahoo.com email addresses that get lost in the ether.

We've checked our spam/junk and trash filters, nothing lands in there.

We described this problem to Paypal support and were told to turn on our "Receive IPN messages" setting, which is definitely not what we need. We have no IPN system in place to receive IPN messages! All we want is to ensure that we're getting email notifications of all payments received.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Welcome to the forums, EducationalFndn!

If you're getting all of your notifications except for ones from the yahoo.com domain, I'm definitely inclined to believe that your issue is different from the one described in this thread. If these messages are not landing in your junk mail folder, it's probable that your email service provider's spam controls at the server level are preventing these messages from coming through.

Let us know what you find out!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

Now if they could only figure out a way to put a priority on getting the Ebay userID back in the email or maybe no longer send the payment notifiaction emails to whatever random email address you have in your profile.

For example, listing specifies that payment goes to email address "B" but it'll randomly go to email address "A" which is a totolly unrelated email address as far as the eBay account is concerned, and all listings are set to have the payments go there.

Just unreal to watch a company that handles billions in transactions not be able to figure out simple email/database pointers.

But I will admit, as if my business wasn't interesting enough, this CERTAINLY adds some fun to the everyday runaround!!!

THANK YOU PAYPAL!!!

Login to Me Too

snowlady1
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently started having some missing PayPal payment notifications, as well. It's been over the last month or 2, I guess. After reading that some people were having only the yahoo.com payment notifications missing, I checked the one I knew I didn't receive today, and sure enough, it was a yahoo.com one.

Is it possible that all these people for some reason are not receiving notifications for the yahoo.com email addresses, and it's SOMEHOW PayPal's problem, not ours or our servers or our ISP?

Login to Me Too

jg42122
Contributor
Contributor

Hi it's not just a Yahoo problem as I do not have Yahoo and I am having the problem as well it is an issue for every email provider. Several other people on here have the same issue and they do not use Yahoo either. Pay Pal has already acknowledged their is a problem with this and they are working to fix it.

Login to Me Too

mabloodhound
Contributor
Contributor

The thread title should not have been changed as this is not just about Yahoo (which I don't have) and it was confusing.   Still no notification after 2 days on the last auction payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.