Does PayPal accept multiple forms of payment?

adlf
New Community Member

An eBay user wants me to send two invoices for a payment he wants to make pay with multiple sources. Is this possible on the buyer's end? Is it safe to allow this?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ninjastar
Contributor
Contributor

(Would love to see the 'official' PayPal response!)

This sounds like a split tender transaction request.  You know, like when you're at the store and you want to pay by part by cash and part by check or credit card.  Personally, I would only do this if the buyer is a VERIFIED PayPal user and if they have at least a Yellow Star on eBay.  Did the user ask you this BEFORE committing to buy the item?  I haven't sold on eBay in about 2 years but from what I remember, once you receive full payment you can mark their eBay transaction as "payment received" and then ship the item out!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi adlf,

Welcome to the community!

There is not a way to use multiple funding sources for the same transaction, unless it's partially funded by balance and partially funded by Credit Card - but that only happens if there is already a balance in your PayPal account. I would not suggest paying two separate invoices, as your Buyer Protection is sacrificed when you do this. I think you're wise to be wary in this situation. Your best bet is to request one invoice, and make sure that it's for goods, not a personal payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.