how to capture a MERCHANT initiated transaction using restAPI v2 and v3 enpoints

malbers-fsg
New Community Member

I create a token via /v3/vault/setup-tokens, then /v3/vault/payment-tokens successfully.  I need to use this token for a MERCHANT initiated transaction to collect an amount due for services. This amount varies, such as a utility bill would.  If I create an order with payment_source of token an set the id to the token returned from create token, what do I set the type element to?

Documentation states type has a value of "BILLING_AGREEMENT" and description is "The PayPal billing agreement ID."  However billing agreements are deprecated and it states to use subscriptions instead.  No matter what I try in the "type" element I get an

INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE

I have tried values of "BILLING_AGREEMENT", "MERCHANT". I have tried using the payer_id value, the customer id. I have tried creating a subscription and using the subscription id. I have tried using the "BA-TOKEN" value that is returned from a subscription.

How can I use v3 tokens to collect a payment?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.