Update Billing Plan

Nadeerasl
New Community Member

Hi All,

I'm a Web Developer and I have implemented a PayPal Subscription payment link using 'https://developer.paypal.com/docs/subscriptions/integrate/integrate-steps/#1-create-a-plan' documentation.

What I wanted to do is,

1. Get initial payment
  2. Provide 6 months trial period
  3. Get first Subscription payment at the end of the trial period (6 months after initial payment)
  4. Get Subscription amount, every 6 months after that

What I did in the integration is.

1. Get initial payment.
  2. Set start date as 'Today+6 months'
    API - /v1/payments/billing-agreements/

Parameters :-

// 6 month after initial payment

"start_date": "2019-08-28T09:13:49Z",

"payer":
{
"payment_method": "paypal"
}

3. Set PayPal parameters to add 6 months trial period

Now I realised that according to my integration, customer is receiving 1 Year trial period (Agreement starts, 6 months after the initial payment + Trial Period 6 months ). Due to this integration my employer is going to lose the first payment from already subscribed customers.

Can you please guide me a way to update already created billing agreements to charge as intended (Get first Subscription payment, 6 months after initial payment). If I can at least update trial period from 6 months to 1 month that would be great since we are giving the 6 months trial period by starting the agreement after 6 months.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.