Unlimited cycles for a plan / subscription

UndercoverNL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,
So I have a little question about the `total_cycles` item inside the `billing_cycle` when creating a new plan.

As, when its not provided, it defaults to 0 / 1 which will instantly deactivate any subscriptions created on the plan.

But in my case, and in many others I could imagine, I just want a subscription to be activated on purchase and be deactivated when the client or admin cancels it. Without having to provide some kind of maximum cycles. Even tho it could be 999. As I couldn't believe that this behavior isn't possible, I am asking it here now. 

Do you really need to provide some kind of total cycles or is there some way to make it unlimited?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @UndercoverNL,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Community.

Here is the official documentation on total_cycles:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/subscriptions/v1/#definition-billing_cycle

total_cyclesinteger
The number of times this billing cycle gets executed. Trial billing cycles can only be executed a finite number of times (value between 1 and 999 for total_cycles). Regular billing cycles can be executed infinite times (value of 0 for total_cycles) or a finite number of times (value between 1 and 999 for total_cycles).

Maximum value: 999.

If you want an infinite number of cycles for your subscriptions, your total_cycles needs to be 0.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @UndercoverNL,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Community.

Here is the official documentation on total_cycles:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/subscriptions/v1/#definition-billing_cycle

total_cyclesinteger
The number of times this billing cycle gets executed. Trial billing cycles can only be executed a finite number of times (value between 1 and 999 for total_cycles). Regular billing cycles can be executed infinite times (value of 0 for total_cycles) or a finite number of times (value between 1 and 999 for total_cycles).

Maximum value: 999.

If you want an infinite number of cycles for your subscriptions, your total_cycles needs to be 0.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.