UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY MISSING_RECIPIENT_EMAIL

reecestart
New Community Member

Hi,

I tried to search but couldn't find the solution. I am using Python requests with the REST API to send invoices. I generate the Invoice ID find but then receive the following when I attempt to Issue the Invoice (this is all in Sandpit atm).

{"name":"UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY","message":"The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.","debug_id":"0b72fcb48d184","details":[{"field":"invoiceId","value":"INV2-545E-QPUF-JYZE-M758","location":"path","issue":"MISSING_RECIPIENT_EMAIL","description":"Missing recipient email address. Recipient email address is required to send invoice via PayPal."}],"links":[{"href":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/invoicing/#errors","method":"GET"}]}

I definitely have the recipient email though:

"primary_recipients" : [

{

"billing_info" : {

"email_address" : "REDACTED EMAIL ADDRESS" ,

"phones" : [

{

"country_code" : "[removed]" ,

"national_number" : "[removed]" ,

"phone_type" : "MOBILE"

}

],

"additional_info_value" : "Thank you for using us"

}

}

]

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

vaishnavib

Good day @reecestart,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY, this error typically occurs when the API request payload is invalid or not properly formatted, or when the merchant account is restricted.

To resolve this issue, I kindly request you verify that you are passing a valid email address in the payload. It is essential to ensure that the email address is correctly formatted and meets the requirements.

If you are still facing issues, please create an MTS ticket via -  https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detailed information and error details.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.