Third party webhooks management

Mediapulsas_lt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, we creating third party reporting app.

Where our clients signing in to our service, gives us permissions and see their transaction detailed report. We already solved history upload. But we facing problems with real time transaction details receiving. We would like to use webhooks for real-time transaction and transaction details tracking and receiving to our service, but we don't want user make any configurations by himself, all should be done from our side, user just gives necessary permissions.

We found Webhook management API, but as we understand we need Cliend ID and Secret, to manage webhook. We can log in to it using our own sandbox credintials, but how we can automatically get users Client ID and Secret? Or how we can manage user's webhooks, without his client ID and Secret.

Regards,
Jev

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

massart331
New Community Member

@Mediapulsas_lt  Have you solved this problem or found a workaround?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Stefan
Hello Jev,

If I understand you correctly:
You are a 3rd party, managing the technical side for X merchants.
The merchants themselves, do the API calls.
They gave you permissions for various functions.
You wish to use webhooks for them but instead of them receiving the webhooks, you want to receive them, correct?

Within a REST App, you specify the webhook listener as well as the events that listener is listening for.
Have the merchants place yours in there, if they do not need to receive them.
Please explain to them as well, that with receiving the webhooks, you be receiving personal buyer information and are thus responsible for GDPR etc. and how you comply to these regulations before you have them add your listener there.

I hope this helps,
Stefan
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.