Webhooks not firing in sandbox mode - Simulator works fine

greyginter
Contributor
Contributor

I have created two webhooks for my platform that are making sure that a user has initiated and finished the PayPal merchant onboarding (in a multi-party system). One webhook listens for the event "Customer merchant-integration seller-onboarding-initiated", and the other listens for the event "Merchant onboarding completed".

I have both set up correctly on my end of the platform, as the simulated webhooks for these events do send the mock JSON data to my platform. But when I actually go through the workflows on my platform using the sandbox information, I go through the entire merchant onboarding process but no webhook events are logged or sent to my platform. My dashboard remains empty, not even pending webhooks are shown.

My platform's test environment is public, so it is not a localhost issue. I am ensuring the use of https:// and have carefully made sure the webhook URL's matches the one's used for my platform.

Any advice is appreciated.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

buken05
Contributor
Contributor

I was having webhook issues last week but that ended up being a local issue. I fixed that and webhooks were working end-to-end until yesterday afternoon when they suddenly stopped working. All mine are showing 'Pending' now. My sandbox merchant id is FQTDL6FK47EYN

Login to Me Too

greyginter
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting, I only began building them in yesterday afternoon as well. Although mine don't even show "pending", nothing gets shown in my event log so Im worried that it's another issue.

I guess we'll wait to see if the devs have anything to say regarding an outage.

Login to Me Too

nmarcin

Have exactly same, on 7th January they were working fine, from 2 days they are not delivered. I've created additional sandbox webhooks but none of them are delivered, so looks it's global issue although on status page everything seems to be fine

Login to Me Too

nmarcin

They started to working now, some of "pending" were delivered, all new are delivered without bigger delay now.

Login to Me Too

greyginter
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, my event log still remains empty when I run through the workflows that should fire a merchant onboarding complete webhook. Are you authenticating an access token every time a webhook is delivered or something like that? The PayPal webhooks are just refusing to communicate with my app unless it's the simulated webhook which works fine.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230413D
Contributor
Contributor

I also met this issue. I fired many payment successfully, but in the sandbox dashboard, there are only showing webhook events before Feb 25.

Then I create a new app, and fired a payment successfully, I only received CHECKOUT.ORDER.APPROVED webhook. but PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED is not fired. And in the sandbox dashboard, there is nothing. 😂

Login to Me Too

igku-ii
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here. for some time it worked fine but now I only see "CHECKOUT.ORDER.APPROVED" events fired, but status is shown as "pending" although I did receive them on my endpoint and returned 200 response.

"captured" event is not being fired.

Support, please help us here. should we expect this fixed any time soon?

live environment seems to be working fine although I don't want to test things on the production env.

Login to Me Too

ekaradev
New Community Member

Same issue here 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.