Subscription Implementation

anshul0430
Contributor
Contributor

Our organization has integrated PayPal Subscriptions. While the initial setup and creation of subscriptions have been successful, we now face a unique requirement: the ability to modify the subscription pricing before each billing cycle. This is crucial for accommodating changes in our service offerings or accommodating custom pricing agreements with specific customers. To clarify, here's the scenario we're trying to address: A customer subscribes to one of our services with a recurring billing plan via PayPal Subscriptions. Before the next billing cycle, we need to adjust the pricing of the subscription, whether it be an increase or a decrease in the subscription amount. We understand that PayPal provides various APIs for subscription management, and we are keen to know the best practices for achieving this requirement while ensuring a seamless and transparent experience for our customers.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

tangerinetele
Contributor
Contributor

Surely the API does allow for this with {{base_url}}/v1/billing/subscriptions/:subscription_id/revise.

We have a similar requirement for regular billing of variable amounts, but it seems just wrong to use subscriptions that have their pricing/volume changed before each billing cycle. I've not been able to speak to anyone at PayPal who understands this. We used to use "Automatic Billing" but that's been discontinued (albeit in an extremely sloppy way!).
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.