REST API Questions on Paypal order flow

gbhosal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

At our workplace, we are evaluating PayPal REST API to integrate our system with PayPal and I have got the following questions on Authorize and Capture flow. The current plan is to perform PayPal Order creation and customer approval from the Web interface and to perform authorization and capture from the backend system so there is so much going in the backend so want to understand what happens if authorization/capture gets delayed due to technical issues.

1. For how long PayPal order with CREATED status remains in the PayPal system? I don't see any REST API to cancel the order as such so I am assuming that they will be cleaned up automatically by PayPal system.

2. For how long PayPal order with APPROVED status remains in the system before it is authorized and captured?

3. For how long PayPal order with COMPLETED status with Authorization status 'CREATED' remains in the system before it can be captured. 

4. for how long PayPal order with COMPLETED status with Authorization status 'CAPTURED' remains in the system? Trying to understand the retention period.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.