Payments Standard - Continue Shopping Link

hawkmountain
Contributor
Contributor

In my Paypal shopping cart, there is a link - "Continue Shopping" - when clicking this link, it used to take the customer back to the shopping page they were on. Now, it takes them to the 'thank you for your purchase' page.  I can't find anywhere to change the URL for this link because it's automatically on Paypal.  Thought I'd try using code for individual cart buttons (<input type="hidden" name="shopping_url" value="https://www.mysite.com/apparel.html">) but it STILL took me to the thank you page when I clicked the 'continue shopping' link in the cart. I'm using Paypal Payments Standard.  I recall there used to be a 'shopping cart setup' or something similar. Can't find anything on the new Paypal format. Can any help? Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

fow-webmaster
Contributor
Contributor

We are having a similar problem.  Using PayPal Standard with PayPal "Add to Cart" and "View Cart" buttons.  When "Continue Shopping" is clicked the browser is taken to the home page, rather than the previous page. 

It seems the default action for the "Continue Shopping" button has changed within the past few months. On June 4, 2020, clicking on the"Continue Shopping" button took the browser to the previous page. 

We don't want the Shopping Cart's "Continue Shopping" button tied to a PayPal Buttom, since, in our case, the shopping cart items can be added by different PayPal Buttons that can be on different pages.  We want the default, for the "Continue Shopping" button, to be to return to the previous page, i.e. the page from which control was sent to PayPal, via a PayPal Button, e.g. "Add to Cart", "View Cart", etc.

PayPal: what changed?

Login to Me Too

skenley
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem too. Did you find a solution to this?

Login to Me Too

fow-webmaster
Contributor
Contributor

No.  No one has reached out for a solution.  This continues to be annoying.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.