PayPal - Salesforce Integration

humaneeducation
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

We are struggling to create a connection/integration between PayPal and Salesforce where our customer's name, contact info, transaction details roll-up from PayPal into Salesforce. 

We have a website and sell only books from our website at this time. 

Customers are taken to PayPal when it's time to complete the transaction. 

We believe that we have one PayPal IPN that is being used with WordPress/Gravity Forms.

Only one IPN comes with the account.

Since we don't want to have to open a new separate account just to be able to have the paypal transaction details/customer contact info roll-up into Salesforce - what other options are there?

Are there creative work-arounds?

Can we use our one IPN in a different way, but still have all of the connections/integrations work as they should?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much! Kim

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I have a solution for you, but it's not entirely free.  First, if you install our PayPal IPN for WordPress plugin, this is free and gives you a very powerful IPN solution using WordPress as the foundation.  It comes with a variety of hooks you can use to trigger your own functions and do anything you need to do with IPN.  Much more powerful than limiting your IPN to a single service.  You would set your IPN profile to use the URL provided by the plugin so that all IPNs are sent to that URL.

Then we have a premium extension for that main plugin that allows you to forward the IPN data out to any number of additional URLs you need.  So you could enter the Gravity Forms IPN URL into the forwarder as well as a Salesforce IPN URL, and you would have everything working together the way you want.

If you're good with coding you could actually write your own hook functions that handle the IPN data forwarding without the need for our premium extension, but of course the plugin could save you some time/cost.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

I have a solution for you, but it's not entirely free.  First, if you install our PayPal IPN for WordPress plugin, this is free and gives you a very powerful IPN solution using WordPress as the foundation.  It comes with a variety of hooks you can use to trigger your own functions and do anything you need to do with IPN.  Much more powerful than limiting your IPN to a single service.  You would set your IPN profile to use the URL provided by the plugin so that all IPNs are sent to that URL.

Then we have a premium extension for that main plugin that allows you to forward the IPN data out to any number of additional URLs you need.  So you could enter the Gravity Forms IPN URL into the forwarder as well as a Salesforce IPN URL, and you would have everything working together the way you want.

If you're good with coding you could actually write your own hook functions that handle the IPN data forwarding without the need for our premium extension, but of course the plugin could save you some time/cost.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that.  

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

humaneeducation
Contributor
Contributor

Hi AngellEye, Thank you so much for your speedy response...and a great response at that. I'm looking into your advice and suggestions with colleagues now. I'll let you know if other questions come up related to this and how it turns out. Again,  THANK YOU!!! Cheers, Kim 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.