Dont see debit or credit card button

digixess
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using Paypal Payments on four websites and using Paypal "Standard Checkout". I was seeing both pay options a) PayPal button and b) debit or credit card button. For the past 10 days, I only see the paypal button and don't see the credit/debit card button.

When I switch to sandbox Mode, I see both buttons.

Kindly help.

This is a duplicate of missing debit or credit card button in Live Mode - PayPal Community (paypal-community.com)

Kindly ignore this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi
Good day @digixess,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Unfortunately, Guest payment checkout(i.e payment via credit/debit without PayPal account) feature is not available for all Customers/Buyers. 

It's important to remember that guest checkout is not guaranteed for every transaction.

To receive guest checkout payments :

Enable the PayPal Account Optional option in your account settings.

Login PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account settings >> Website payments >> Website preferences >> PayPal Account Optional >> toggle "yes" .

If your website(built via third party platform) processing payments via "Express Checkout" integration, I request to please contact your website developer (or) support of your third-party platform to pass the variables "SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole" and "LANDINGPAGE=BILLING" in the SetExpressCheckout payment API request call to make sure guest checkout is offered as often as possible.

Guide link - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/nvp-soap-api/set-express-checkout-nvp/

PayPal runs a risk check to determine eligibility for guest checkout. There will be times when guest checkout is not available.

Note : If you have implemented latest PayPal Smart button REST API integration, please see enable funding.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.