Do subscriptions start when button pressed?

cristofayre
Contributor
Contributor

I created an app - which does not link to the API* - that starts 'tracking' a subscription from when the Buy button is clicked**. But someone has raised a seed of doubt saying that the sites they use allow them to select when subs start. So are Paypal customers given a choice, or does it start the moment they sign up?

* My potential users may use other vendor's software to operate their back end subscription feature, (such as a Wordpress plugin) so I cannot 'tap into' that data via a webhook. Instead, they set up the same "terms" on my app (free trial for 1month, then $10per month for six months etc) and script then 'mirror' the timescale based on when the button is pressed. (**When returned to the HTML page, it has some 'onload' code to trigger my script via XHTMLRequest) My app tracks clicks to sales pages, sales - via above return - and refunds. With the latter, customer clicks button on my site,  which notifies vendor of request. They then handle refunds / sub cancellations manually from their PayPal admin, and tick a box within my app once processed. If they don't complete the process in my app, affiliates "resale" on subs will continue to be added to a mass pay file each month, (which they download to process) so it's in their own interest to complete the process.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.