Customer Payments Being Denied

SoccerBanker
Contributor
Contributor

We're a seasonal business and in the middle of our bi-annual registration drive. The vast majority of my member's payments are being denied. I am getting no explanation. Most are repeat patron we've served for years without trouble. All of our Stripe processed payments go through - just the PayPal payments are being denied. We process all payments through Thrivecart. 

Now... this has been going on for a couple of weeks (since we noticed the denials). I've called PayPal and gone through the support process three times now. Each time, I'm told that the situation looks weird to the tech, that they've never seen something like it, and they escalate. Each time, I wait a couple of days for a reply and get only silence. I call back and start the process all over again. I don't know where else to go from here. I shut PayPal processing off so we don't lose any more money. Some customers are telling me they have been charged, but i don't see funds showing up in my account - only the Payment Denied message. 

Has anyone seen such a thing like this before? Is there something I can try, a number I can call, or a forum i can visit to find out what's going on or maybe to get a reply from PayPal? This is crazy frustrating to just wait while I lose customers every day. And since my PayPal account is disabled (by me), I can't pay any of our affiliates either! Everyone is just sitting around waiting for PayPal to tell us what's going on. 

If anyone has a good suggestion here, I'm open. If they know where an office might be in Maryland, DC, or Virginia, I'm even willing to drive. This is crushing us. 

Summary_-_PayPal.jpg

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.