Charge at no regulars periods

daviferna
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I need in some situations to charge users at no regular periods and without making the user reauthorize the operation, like uber does for example, but in a web environment. I am lost with the implementation, I have tried with subscriptions but that feature is missing. I really will appreciate any help about this topic. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS-Aaron
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @daviferna 

It sounds like the solution you're looking for is "Vaulting". There is a great "Vaulting" feature with Braintree (owned by PayPal) that can help with this. In this model, you can Vault payment methods in PayPal secure databases, then call a token linked to the payment method any time a new transaction needs to be charged. You can look into that here and even talk with a Braintree integration expert to help set you up.

Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Login to Me Too

Adam_Germany
Contributor
Contributor

So it is really required to register with Braintree? Because I just implemented a subscription model with PayPal with regular amounts and I want to extend it with another model where the charge amounts are always different and no regular periods. PayPals Vaults just let me store credit card data, however a lot of my customers have no credit card. As far as I remember, I registered to other companies like mobile operators with no credit card and they charged different amounts from my paypal balance and bank account without re-authorization.

I thought about trying to assign a plan to a new paypal's customer agreement and after authorization, I change the plan to the new unique amount to charge it once. And on the next buy, I change the plan again just to charge it. But I think it's not supposed to be like I try to.

All I want is to charge different small amounts after one authorization of the customer without switching to another API (like from Braintree).

I thought about creating a billing agreement and then "Set agreement balance" to the amount I want to charge (plan is 0€ to have a fee free authorization), but I guess I misunderstood this function.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.